(remember: larger versions of all visuals can be seen by clicking on them)
1. While this person was himself no great shakes – having finished bottom of his class at West Point – and even his famous death was probably the result of poor military strategy, the American public came to see him as a tragic military hero and exemplary gentleman who sacrificed his life for his country. A significant contribution to this image was the work of his wife Elizabeth, who did much to advance this view with the publication of several books about her late husband: 'Boots and Saddles: Life with _______ ______ in Dakota' (1885), 'Tenting on the Plains' (1887), and 'Following the Guidon' (1891). Who?
6. What British tradition began in 1301 when Edward Caernarfon was invested with a certain title in London? Interestingly, he himself neglected to fulfill the tradition, but it was later revived by his son and has been followed ever since.
9. On the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the largest collection of stars honouring one group of blood relatives is a widely-scattered set of seven representing the Y family: John Y, his brother Lionel Y (who has two), and sister Ethel Y, their uncle Sidney XY, John's son John XY and granddaughter XY. Name this last person.
1. Lt Colonel George Custer (he of the last stand)
2. The only two third-generation Test cricketers.
Dean Headley's father Ron also played for England, and his grandfather George represented the West Indies. Bazid Khan of Pakistan is the son of Pakistani batsman Majid Khan and grandson of Jahangir Khan, who played for India.
3. Jose Saramago
4. MDH (which stands for Mahashian di Hatti) Masalas
You can see Mahashay Dharam Pal's photo above the logo on the box.
The arm is Angelina Jolie's, and the coordinates represent the birthplaces of her kids. The first four are those of her adopted children; her last two were twins born six years ago at a seaside hospital in Nice.
6. The tradition of naming the eldest son of the ruling monarch as the Prince of Wales.
Edward Caernarfon was the son of King Edward I, and went on to become Edward II.
7. Sachin Pilot's wife and Omar Abdullah's sister Sara
8. Inter-racial marriages
9. Drew Barrymore
10. Maureen Wadia, wife of Nusli and father of Ness